“Christ is present to us in a very real way in the Eucharist. It is a great gift that he has given us. The
night before he died, he gave us himself to be with us always. Any time we attend Mass and receive
the Eucharist, we are receiving that gift. Every time we celebrate Mass, we renew that relationship
with Christ,” Bishop Persico added.
On this day June 19, 2022 is the Feast of Corpus Christi (Feast of the Body and Blood of Jesus) the
Catholic Diocese of Erie is hosting a diocesan wide event to honor this Feast of the Real Presence.
Saint Bernard was chosen to be one of the sights to honor this belief. So, the Catholics of the
Bradford Deanery will meet for prayer and reflection.
The schedule is as follows:
- 10 am Mass at Saint Bernard followed by Exposition
- 12:45 pm Prayer service with homily by Msgr. Edward Lohse, V.G. who is representing the Bishop
- 1 pm Procession outside, around the block weather permitting
- Return to church and conclude with Benediction
- Reception to follow at Fr. Leto Gallina Social Center across the street from the Church.